Tuesday, April 14, 2015

L'Oreal La Palette Nude 1

La, la, la, la, la la laaaa.. 

Okay, so I'm not sure when the L'Oreal La Palette Nude palettes came out, but I picked them up the week before last and fell in love with them. I knew I had to do a review as soon as I swatched them and realized how soft and smooth they were. 

For any of you who know anything remotely about makeup (or if you don't, that's okay), you'll be able to recognized the difference between drugstore and high end cosmetics-- especially eyeshadow. The cheaper made products tend to be chalkier, harder to blend, have less pigmentation, and are a harder feeling formula.

I purchased this and the La Palette Nude 2 from my local Walmart for $15.84 each. While a little pricey, I splurged and bought them because I wanted to know if they were comparable to the Maybelline palettes, which were released a little before these if I'm correct. If I'm wrong, then feel free to correct me in a comment below. 
Nothing extremely condemning on the packaging end. L'Oreal did a good job at giving us a peekaboo of the colors with the clear strip on the front of the palette. They also numbered the colors, which isn't as unique as titling them, but would make it easy for instructing in a tutorial. 

Many of the higher ended cosmetic companies give us cards or mini booklets for how to create specific looks using a particular palette. I think its really cool how a drugstore brand is giving us this same perk right on the back of the palette. If you think about it, it's a bit handier considering we don't always want to tote around the cards or booklet. With this palette, you can just throw it in your makeup bag and have the product plus instruction on how to wear it. For those of you who do need a bit extra guidance when it comes to application, this is brilliant. 
I love that this palette gives you an array of shimmer and matte shadows. All of them have great pigmentation, and you can go with a day time or night look using these colors.
As you can see, the colors in this palette are extremely pigmented. My favorite is the third one, which is a matte caramel shade. It is perfect for a transition shade and so buttery smooth. And as far as I can tell, each of the shades in the palette puts off a good amount of color and blends well.

I will say, though, that I wish there'd been a matte black in this palette. I am such a sucker for a good matte black to deepen up the outer corner and smoke up the eyes. I also tend to learn more towards a stark white shade for my brow bone highlight, which wasn't really in his palette, either. When I first used this palette, I just used my favorite matte white Hot Pot from Coastal Scents.

With that being said, I would recommend these palettes over the Maybelline ones. You don't need a black or a stark white in a palette to make it great. That's basically just personal preference on my end. The shimmery beige and dark brown can easily substitute for those shadows in this one.  The Maybelline ones are a bit harder and less blendable than the L'Oreal shades. These are honestly the closest to high end that I"ve found of any powdered drugstore shadows. I give them an A!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment