Friday, July 3, 2015

Festive Fourth of July Makeup Look

Alas, the time has come to share with you the Festive Fourth of July look I created today! 

I rarely ever get time to just "play" in my makeup, even though nothing would make me happier. It was a rare treat, but I had so much fun I anticipate doing many more of these from now on. It's also fun to come up with holiday-inspired looks, but anything outside the norm of my usual, everyday beat face will offer diversity to my blog and help me to better develop my skill set. 

Beat Face: When the makeup applied to a person's face is so powerful and amazing that it makes them look truly stunning. 
     [Definition Courtesy of Urban Dictionary]

It actually takes a lot of work to put together these posts: a few hours to throw a flawless look together, uploading and editing them, stamping them with my name, uploading them all to my blog, then writing the post and linking all of the important stuff. 

I'll be linking most of the products at the bottom of this post. If there is an item that IS NOT linked below, then it is because it was a L.E. item at some point and is no longer available. 

I tried to create an iridescent blue smoky eye with a decent amount of shimmer and a lot of smoke. I wanted my face to be a bit dewy, but not too much for my severely oily skin. You could tone down the natural glow or define it even more to meet the needs of your skin type. Lastly, I paired it off with a vibrant, matte red lip using my all time favorite red lipstick! 

You may be wondering why I am making this silly fishy-face in the photo below. I wanted to show you how my contour matches up to my natural jaw line. You can see how the fishy-face form accentuates that line so I can more clearly see that I've filled my contour in right. If you're having trouble finding the hollows of your cheeks to apply the contour, make your own stupid fish-lip face so you can find the right place to apply it. 


I wish I could condense the makeup list I am about to type up, but the truth is-- I used a crap-ton of products for this look, so bear with me! 

Products Used: 

Foundation: Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo in "Light 45" mixed with NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat in "Nude" 
Setting Powder: Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder in "Honey Beige" (I tried the "baking" method with this today)
Pressed Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in "Buff Beige" or "Creamy Natural" 
Blush: NARS Virtual Domination Cheek Palette, using "Miss Liberty" highlighter underneath "Final Cut" blush
Highlighter: E.L.F. Studio Baked Blush in "Pinktastic" 
Eye Primer: Sadly (because I was one of the people who got hacked and am afraid to purchase from them again), I used my favorite Lime Crime Eyeshadow Brightener. I like it better than NYX White Eyeshadow Base or the Jumbo Eye Pencil in "Milk," because the NYX products crease on me. 
Cream Shadow Base: I applied the MAC Trend Forecast Spring 2015 Eyes shade in "Blue Forecast"to the lid. 
Eyeshadow Shades: 
  • Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar "Peanut Butter" & "Blueberry Swirl" 
  • Coastal Scents Hot Pot in "Snow Bunny" for setting primer and brow highlight (it's my favorite white to highlight the brow bone, because it is a stark, matte white and provides a nice smooth base to begin any look with)
  • UD Vice 3 shades in "Bobby Dazzle" for the inner corner, "Heroine" for the outer corner" and "Revolver" to smoke out the outer corner 
  • UD Vice Ltd. shade "Roadstripe" is the whitish shade with blue multidimensional shimmer that you see on the first 2/3 of my lid.
Liner: MAC Fluidline "Blacktrack" & Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner "Perfect Black" 
Mascara: Maybelline Volum'Express Colossal Waterproof Mascara in "Classic Black"
Brows: NYX Cosmetics Micro Brow Pencil in "Taupe"  $9.99
Lashes: Kiss Chic Lashes 
Lipstick: MAC Lipstick "Relentlessly Red" 

Extras: 
  • MUFE Aqua Seal 
  • Lorac 3D Liquid Lustre "Opal" (was limited edition & currently sold out)
I think that just about covers it. Let me know what you all think, how often you think I should do these looks, and ask any questions you might have. Thanks for supporting my "livelihood" as I like to call it! Makeup is my favorite thing in the world & I love sharing my love for it with everyone!

I hope everyone has a fun-filled, safe and blessed Fourth of July! 

xx 

1 comment:

  1. Your art for makeup is awesome. I am always amazed at the tallent God has given you.

    ReplyDelete