Sunday, February 1, 2015

Liebster Award Nominee


I initially created this blog to write about my ardor for beauty with a side of fitness.  Growing up, I always imagined I'd write a few books, and it was my dream for the longest while. Now, I have morphed into an aspiring makeup artist, but reading and writing are still very much a part of me. Starting a blog was the obvious solution to sharing my talents. 

Since I am still very new to the blogger community, color me surprised when I saw the sweet comment from Maddy at Media Junkie Jungle saying that she had nominated me for the Liebster Award. I didn't even know what the award was yet, but it feels like such an honor that someone would deem my work as an up-and-coming blog worth discovering. So, thank you, Maddy, I am so flattered! 

One thing I really LOVE about Maddy's blog is that it contains an array of topics, so it fits a much wider readers' interest range than my beauty/fitness blog. 

You can find knowledge on fashion, celebs, skincare, t.v., etc. If you haven't ever checked out her blog, then please do with the link I provided above.

The Rules of the Liebster Award are as follows: 

1. Thank/link the person who nominated you (I happened to do both)
2. Answer the questions from your nominator
3. Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers (and link them)
4. Create 11 new questions for your nominees
5. Notify your nominees through social media/blogs

Below, I will respond to Maddy's questions, nominate the 11 other bloggers you should check out, and then I'll leave them some questions of my own to answer. 

So, here goes...

Here are Maddy's questions, which I hope help you all get to know me a bit better. 

1. What is your favorite thing to blog about?
As per the title of this blog, all things beauty. I love makeup: buying/collecting makeup, dappling in makeup, applying it, and writing about it. I also included a tab for health & fitness, because I'd like to share with you some of my fitness journey. 
2. What is the most difficult thing about blogging?
I think the most challenging thing about blogging is creating professional photos. I could write all day, but staging all of the photos to look clean and neat and precise is something of a learning process. I have a Canon Rebel T4i, which is perfect for professional quality photos. I can do basic editing, which I learned as part of my college degree. I have seen plenty of photos in my day to know that photos are just as important as the written content in blogs.
3. What else do you do besides blogging?
Disappointingly so, I am an office assistant at the moment for my day-to-day job; I am also a freelance MUA every chance I get, a mini pig's mom, I crochet, read nonstop, and enjoy Facetime/Skype with my best friends who are living the dream in cities greater than mine. I am also currently looking for a job in Jacksonville, FL. 
4. What is one item you would splurge on?
Aside from makeup, a Louis Vuitton! I've wanted one for ages. Just one. haha 
5. What are you looking forward to the most in 2015?
Moving and really, finally getting my adult life started. It's been hard coming back post-college and living with my parents again. I'm ready for my own space to decorate and reside in.
6. Who is the person you admire most and why?
The most admirable person to me (and will be for my whole life) is my papaw, who died in October 2013 of lung cancer. He did anything and everything. Papaw always said if someone else could do something, he could do it, too, and better. 
He was a self-taught engineer who could bake homemade cakes, was a Chief Electrician lording over a coal mine who retired at 50, built his house by hand, left bags of food on families' doorsteps for holidays, loved his family, and knew just about everything. He was the ultimate hero, role model, hard-headed and beautiful person I've ever known. When I get discouraged, I tell myself that I can do it because I am his granddaughter and he would stop at nothing. Once the doctor told him he had to quit smoking or risk dying; he quit cold turkey. 
7. What do you do to relax after a long day?
Paint my nails, take a long bath, cuddle with my pig, and read. I go up to my room earlier than I actually go to sleep so I can take an hour or two to read in bed. It's my time to unwind before I go to sleep.
8. What is your favorite kind of food?
Right now, I've been a big fan of cotton candy. I feel six again.
9. What is your favorite genre of music?
I like most music genres, but I really really love indie music. I love discovering unknown bands. My favorite is City and Colour with Dallas Green. 
10. Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?
Gosh, that is such a hard question! There are so many awesome female actresses out there. I am going to go on a whim with a few on the top of my head and say Carrie Underwood, Julianne Hough, maybe Amber Heard, or even Mila Kunis or Blake Lively.. Ooh, or Olivia Wilde.
11. What is the biggest obstacle you have overcome in the last few years?
My last two years have been very trying. I'd say losing my papaw, having my ex-boyfriend cheat on me with his best friend's wife, and accepting life as a post-grad living at home with my family have all been huge obstacles in my life. But as hard as they have been on me, I can honestly say they've made me a stronger person. And I'm proud of how I've risen above each thing to prevail.

Here are the 11 blogs I am choosing to nominate: 
Elena at Elena's Makeup & Beauty
Katarina at Katarina Ahlsson 
Robin at Living Colorfully
Eunice at The Berry Way
Charlotte at Charlotte Rose 
Alice & Chloe at Everything Rosie
Robin at Pretty & Chic
Stella at Stella's Journal
Jess at Beauty Ghoul (which is such a cool name)
Ewa & Ania at Two More Bloggers
Annie at Happily Annie

And there you have it, folks! Eleven more awesome blogs that I think you should check out. There's something unique about each one of them. Make sure to check them out! 

Here are the 11 questions for you lovely bloggers to answer in your Liebster post: 

1. What made you finally take the plunge and create your blog? 
2. If you could spend a year anywhere in the world, where would you go? 
3. What do you enjoy outside of blogging? 
4. What's your favorite beauty product? 
5. Who inspires you? 
6. What blogger does your work most closely mirror? I guess, meaning that if you have an idol blogger, who would you want yours to most be like? 
7. What country are you from? I know not all of you are from the U.S. like me. 
8. What do you love to spend money on most? 
9. What do you find most challenging when it comes to blogging? 
10. What languages do you speak? 
11. What's your ideal vacation destination? 




6 comments:

  1. I love blogging about beauty too, great post! x

    Eva // http://evasstudio.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's really great to meet/converse with fellow beauty lovers and bloggers! Not many people in my day-to-day life are into beauty. xx

      Delete
  2. Great post! I Love your blog, your header is amazing! xxx

    KirstyLeigh // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for nominating me! That's so kind of you!
    By the way: I'm also a great admirer of City & Colour! His music is amazing!

    Katarina x
    http://katarina-ahlsson.se

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to find another City & Colour obsessed fan! I could listen to him sing all day. I've yet to see him in person, so if I could just do that I'd die happy! And you're welcome! I love all of the fashion forward posts you make on your blog! xx

      Delete