Saturday, February 7, 2015

UD Vice Ltd. Palette Review

I am so ecstatic that I finally managed to get my hands on this palette. I didn't get a chance at it when Sephora offered it exclusively for VIB Rouge members or when UD's site showcased it for a hot minute. So when I noticed that Ulta had it listed for sale, I didn't waste time ordering it.  

I have previously purchased the Vice 2 and Vice 3 palettes, so I am already very familiar with the packaging and quality of the Vice palettes. This one, however, is by far my favorite! The retail value is $58.

First of all, the packaging is very awesome. The previous Vice palettes are a bit darker in color, so this one with it's bright lime color is very visually appealing. 

Front of packaging 
Back of packaging
Front of palette 
Back of palette 

The case is the same in these as the others, with the thick plastic casing. Urban Decay always comes through when it comes to durable packaging for their palettes. I think, though, that my favorite type is the smooth, heavy duty casing used for the Naked Basics palettes.

There are more pale, neutral shades in this palette, which makes it work well for daily wear. I really like that. Aside from the Naked palettes, UD is known for their vibrant colors thrown into their palettes, and many of them you wouldn't wear to work or school or an interview; so it was nice that they added in shades for those of us who don't work at a night club or at a MAC counter. 

But to be honest, I went outside-the-box the other day and wore the bright pink shade below, and smoked it out with the chocolate brown. I didn't take any professional photos of it, but it looked really good and wasn't too crazy for my office job. 

As you can see, the shades are actually pretty pigmented with single swipe swatches. I love that they finally gave us a good warm hued taupe for a transition shade. I hope I'm describing it right. I think it's a bit taupe-y when applied to the eyelid, so that's why I chose that wording. It's the color in the bottom right called "Laced."  

The color "Last Sin" is the second one on the bottom and is also in the Vice 3 palette. I really like that color for a lid shade. In my photo, the white on the bottom looks matte, but it actually has a bluish-purple iridescence that shows up extremely well when applied. I actually used it on my inner corners with the purple shades a few weeks back. 

The few colors I was most disappointed with were the purples ("Freakshow" & "Hoodoo"), which I didn't think had great color payoff when doing an eye look, and also the gold color ("Disco") in the top row, second from the end. I didn't like "Disco" because it's more glitter than pigmentation. The formula isn't smooth and the glitter makes it gritty. It reminds me of some of the extremely glittery ones from Too Faced that are lacking color payoff and never get used. 

Overall, though, I really like this palette. It's hard to find one where you like all of the colors. And this one is no different. Even though I don't LOVE them all, I do recommend this one. It's been rumored that it is VERY LIMITED, so make sure to pick one up as soon as you can. If the quick sellout from Sephora and UD's site is any indication, then it probably won't last long at Ulta. I'm actually surprised they haven't sold out yet!

I give this palette an A! 

2 comments:

  1. This looks really nice. I'm tempted to buy it.

    Sarah | Sarahanne14

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should!! It is really nice. And the colors go well with every eye color/skin tone! :)

      Delete