Monday, October 19, 2015

"She's Having Twins!" Maternity Session Makeup

Y'all, my best friend is having twins! TWINS! 

I've just realized you've earned the right to call yourself "old" when your closest confidants and oldest minions are laying goose eggs. Haha. 

Really, though. I'm so thrilled! I actually went to her baby shower this past Friday, and it was the first time I'd seen her round, globe-shaped belly in person. After that, it really sunk in. My best friend is having bab(ies). 

So, naturally, I agreed to do her maternity photo session makeup. It's cool to see a person I told secrets to before we hit the brink of puberty and life became a mess, getting their happily ever after. I know one day I'll have my own happily ever after, so for now I'll just live vicariously through my friends. 

Enough of my babbling; let's hop to it! 
For her makeup, I wanted to do something that would not only scream "FALL," but would also stand out against her fair skin tone and warm up her features. She loves this time of year, so the girl should get to celebrate it with a warm, fall inspired Beat Face. 

I think one of her best features are her eyes. They're more green than blue, but they look sort of blue-green to me. I'm pretty sure they vary depending on what she has on. But I'm sure that her red hair color makes the bluish hue in them stand out. 



I used shadows from Makeup Geek (Creme Brûlée and Cocoa Bear), a few shades from the original Lorac Mega Pro (discontinued), and a few shadows from The Balm's "Nude Dude" palette ($36). 

For her cheeks, I applied a light dusting of MAC's "Melba", which is my favorite shade for fall. I've been wearing it everyday, so I guess, for me, it made sense to use it to bring some color back to her skin. Actually, for her skin tone, I think it sort of gives her a natural flushed look when not overdone.


For her lips, I used my favorite L.E. lipstick MAC's "Riri Heaux," just because she's special. 

I've seen on the MAC website that you can get a lipstick called "Heaux" now, which I think is possibly the same shade but not matte like this one. I plan on purchasing it to see since I LOVE this shade so much. It's the perfect fall shade, but I don't wear it often because it is limited edition. 

When I do purchase that lipstick to try, I'll do a review/comparison on it to decide whether it's a similar shade for those of you who might be interested. You can tell just from these photos how rich of a shade it is. 

And there you have it! I used all of the standard foundation, brow, highlight, etc. on her face, so I didn't list it in this post. 

If you have any questions, please feel free to leave comments or questions, or message me. I'm open to suggestions and feedback, as always. 

Below, I'm sharing a photo of us from her baby shower. I don't usually share a ton of personal photos, but I thought it seemed fitting since I just described her as my bestie! :) 





1 comment: