Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Gold Glitter Glam Halloween Makeup Session

As my knowledge and skills have increased over the last few years, I've done some work I've been very proud of. But the eye makeup I did for Kara last Friday really took the cake. I wasn't even sure what I was aiming for, but was so pleasantly surprised with how the eyes turned out. 

Her makeup was actually part of her Halloween costume as Forrest Gump's woman, Jenny. I know Jenny doesn't wear this much makeup and looks a little more natural in the movie, but seeing as it was Halloween and all, she wanted to go all out. 

This eye look started as an everyday gold and brown smoky eye, but we amped it up with the gold glitter I packed onto the lid all over the gold shadow. 

To make it even more more dramatic, I gave her stark black winged liner and thick black falsies. 

You can see that I also smoked out her bottom lash line with brown and black, and I used the black liner to also line her waterline. I tend to lean more towards smoking the lash line out with shadow and lining the waterline rather than using eyeliner solely across the lash line. I hate how lining the bottom lash area closes off the eyes and can sometimes look sloppy if recklessly drawn on. It's best to smoke it out with the deeper shadows, so that way you're giving the eye a softer and sexier smoked out effect. 

Lastly, I applied a pink liner and pink lipstick to her lips to give them a hint of color, but not to over-power the glam of the eyes. Remember, save a bolder lip for a more natural eye, and keep lips more natural when you do a more dramatic eye look. The opposition helps to bring out the right features in the face and show off whichever you've spent the most time on that day. 

If you all have any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to share them in the comments! 

I'll also be uploading (late, I know) my Halloween makeup from this year, so keep watch for that to be up on my blog soon! 

xx 

4 comments:

  1. love love love the gold shadow! It looks absolutely beautiful with the pink lip color!
    I also noticed how you didn't do bold brows for the look. Would you recommend doing bold brows with bold lips or? I always get a bit anxious over bold lips because it requires maintenance haha so I usually stick with bolder eyes.
    love the look, great job!

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    http://aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I don't think too much on the brows. With my own, I would have a solid set of brows, but for someone who normally doesn't fill theirs in, I often worry they'll think they're too "loud." So for clients, I feel like I usually lean more towards naturally enhancing them and giving them a better shape without adding too much shading or deepening of them.

      I have seen plenty of bold lips (like red) with thicker, more defined and bolder brows. I think those look fine together! I think you can do a natural eye look with bold brows and a bright lip and it'll be fine. I mean more so that you should keep lips more neutral with a smoky eye, or use red/berry/pink lips with a more subtle eyeshadow look. Not so much brows! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so proud to be one of ur clients!!!! Thank you Whit! ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support and appreciation!! I am glad I get to work with you, too! We always have a good time! :)

      Delete