Thursday, November 5, 2015

My Halloween Cat Makeup

So, for Halloween, I was first considering doing one of the ever-popular deer looks this year.. But then, I saw so many deer all over the internet that I decided to deviate away from that and do a classic cat look. 

If you look up cat makeup online, you'll see that there are many different looks out there to help you decide what kind of cat you'd like to be. I was inspired by a look I saw a fellow makeup lover do on Facebook and an Instagram photo that I'd seen recently as well. I basically used that inspiration to develop the look I wanted with my own twist. 

Like with the eyes, which I did not imitate. I just sort of started working on creating them without a clear image of what I wanted, and went with it. You'll find that when you're artistically inclined, you're very likely to start on a project, whether it be makeup or a a painting on canvas, and as you work on it it just starts to come together before your eyes. 

A lot of the shading and the added touches are instinctual. With the deep shading on either side of my nose up top, I just kept darkening that area to make it look more hollowed out, because it felt right. 

I'm so grateful to be passionate about such a powerful thing. Makeup is incredible, and what you can do with it is surreal. I've had people ask me how to know what shades go together in a palette, what type of lipstick looks good with what, how to do this or that. And the truth is, I may not be able to really explain it to you because it's all instinctual. It mostly comes to me naturally.

But the cool thing about makeup, is that there is always room for us to improve, constantly, because it is an art form. So if you're not where you want to be, then just keep at whatever it is you're wanting to improve. 

Also, I'd like to point out that I made the ears you see me wearing in these photos. I actually cut ear shapes out of cardboard, hot glued a sequence ribbon to the cardboard ears, and then hot glued the ears to a headband. It was super easy! 

The thing I really enjoyed about this cat look aside from the opportunity to be creative with makeup, was that it was very cost affordable! 

If you're looking to be something simple but sensual and fun, then try a cat for next Halloween!  

xx 

1 comment:

  1. Such an adorable look! It's definitely way more creative than throwing some cat ears on your head and drawing uneven whiskers on your face. Love it! It looks so good! And I totally agree with you. Makeup is amazing. It's like painting, only ten times more convenient and on a better, wearable canvas.

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    http://aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete