Saturday, November 19, 2016

I've Always Wanted to be Pink--And a Troll

Let me first preface by saying that as a child I LOVED Trolls. I'm sure I still have a few packed away in the playhouse at my parent's house. Hopefully I do; I'd like to give them to my children one day. 

The one Troll I remember playing with most had hot pink hair just like Poppy's. I always remembered thinking they were so cute with their bulbous noses and big eyes. And since a bulbous nose is something I am all too familiar with, and hot pink is my favorite color, I fashioned the idea to morph myself into Poppy. 

As you all know, the Trolls movie is in theaters now, so it's the perfect time for this post. 

I honestly had a lot of fun with this. It was something outside my norm, and I've been trying to learn as much as I can about FX and creative makeup. 

For this post, I'll be listing products I used and how I used them to create this look. Maybe after this you'll have an idea on how to create your own Poppy look.

Before we get into the makeup, I bought the headband with the signature troll hair for $3 at a store called Five Below. I looked on their site, and unfortunately, I don't see the headband on there. I wasn't even looking for Poppy gear. I like going into that store when I get a chance because it's one of those "plundering" stores where you never know what you might find-- and for five or less bucks at that. 

  1. Now, the first thing I did was apply primer. 
  2. Then, I mixed the peach + pink + white shades from the iMagic Flash Palette (an exact dupe of the $100 MUFE Flash Palette) to create the shade of pink I wanted. **I bought the cheaper version of the palette to learn how to use it before paying $100 for the real thing.** If I did this look over, I'd probably lighten the pink up even more than I did here. 
  3. I tried to conceal my brows a bit to lighten them up, which didn't help as good as I would have liked. I'd probably try something else next time.
  4. Next, I applied the pink mixture all over my face. And then set it with the MAC Good Luck Trolls Beauty Powder in "Play it Proper." I didn't mind the iridescence from the powder on my face (for once) because I wanted to have an all-over glow. 
  5. Then I took the pink shade in the flash palette and used it to draw on a shape for my brows. 
  6. For the darker pink face contour, hot pink cheeks, pink nose, pink eyeshadow and to set the brows, I used the vibrant pink City Colour Be Matte Blush in "Dragonfruit." 
  7. I used the Too Faced Glitter Glue with some holographic silver loose glitter on my cheeks. 
  8. Poppy has just a few outer lashes that give her eyes a girly flare, so for this I applied the Piper Ardell Adore Accent Lashes. And I tried to focus my mascara on the outer edge of my eye where I applied them. 
    • I forgot to say that I also lined my water and tight lines with a black liner just to give a little definition to my eyes with everything being so pink. 
  1. I applied some highlighter to my cupid's bow and some of the natural highlight areas. 
  2. And lastly, I used the MAC Good Luck Trolls Lipstick in "Dants off Pants Off" and the glittery pink MAC Good Luck Trolls Lipglass in "Bubble Butt."
I hope y'all enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed the pink pores I had after removing all of this, haha!

If you have any questions, or if you recreate this look, I'd love to hear from you. I hope to do more fun and creative makeup posts in the future. 

Thanks to all of you who have been patient with me as I've slacked. I still have what feels like a million and one Portfolio pics to post from makeup I've done this year. I will get there slowly but surely. 

I hope you all have a great weekend! I'm doing some volunteer makeup this afternoon for a fashion show with proceeds which will aid domestic abuse victims. It feels good to be doing something to help those who actually need it. 

xx 
-Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment