Wednesday, December 21, 2016

My Best Friend's Wedding, October 2016

Although Jessica and I have only known one another for a few years now, we became fast friends and have endured a lot of tough stuff together. 

I was so honored when she asked me to be one of her bridesmaids. She's one of those few friend soulmates we get in life. 

I first met her when her now husband, Brock, and my boyfriend, Adam, planned a double date for the four of us. 

She's SO funny, very loyal, and has listened to me rant and complain and cry over a million things to Sunday. She's also smart. She's an RN and a lover of travel and basically just a great person. 

So you can imagine, it was not only an honor to be in her wedding, but an honor to also do her makeup for her wedding. 
I'd never done her makeup before her wedding day, surprisingly. 

Here, I've provided a before-and-after to show you what all we did with her face. She had some redness that we concealed, but her skin wasn't hard to work with. 

Also, she has those baby blue eyes that just glow with the right makeup. 
The dominant colors in her wedding were navy and maroon, so I decided to create something that would complement those colors, especially with this being a fall wedding. I used several Makeup Geek shadows to create this look. She's pretty laid back, so she gave me free reign. 

We went with a neutral pink lip, which wouldn't overpower the rest of the makeup. I wanted her eyes to be the main focal point. 

Below, I've shared a few photos from the wedding, including my makeup as a bridesmaid. 

Enjoy!

The Bridal Party: Maid of Honor, Bride, and two Bridesmaids 
                   
My bridesmaid makeup was very natural, but matched the
fall theme with a burnt orange eye and natural lip. 

3 comments: